I. Privacy Statement
This is the public statement of privacy and security that we adhere to at What’s at the Market™ (WATM).
WATM believes that our customers are our greatest asset. We built our business and this website on that idea and have made every effort to ensure that your browsing experience is enjoyable, safe and secure. This document explains what happens to information that you submit to us. However, it is possible to browse our website without providing us any information. Any data that we might collect is used to customize your experience at our store and/or website. At any time you may request to see exactly what information WATM has retained. At any time you may request that we remove your information from our files and databases. Even within WATM, only those people that require your information will have access to that information.
It is important for us at WATM to make you feel as comfortable as possible at our website. We may share information in an anonymous aggregate form, such as percentage of WATM visitors who shop on Mondays or the number of WATM shoppers who purchase a specific product. If at any time you contact WATM with questions, comments or issues, we will work towards a resolution for you at that time and at any time in the future.
During your initial visit to our website, we would ask that you indicate whether you want to receive communications from WATM. There is no obligation to receive communications when visiting our website. Occasionally, we may be in touch with you via email, postal mail or telephone to notify you of new services or products available through WATM and to ask you about how satisfied you are with WATM products and services.
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the practices of this website, or dealing with WATM, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to voice any concerns to our friendly customer service representatives.
This website provides links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of any other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personal information. This policy statement applies solely to personal information collected by WATM.
Some promotions, contests and sweepstakes at WATM may be sponsored by third party companies. In such cases, they will need to collect personal information from you. If you do not want your personal information handled by companies other than WATM, you can choose not to participate in the promotional contests or sweepstakes.
We reserve the right to share information among our affiliates for business purposes.
We are committed to informing you of the purpose behind collecting the personal information that we ask from you. We are committed to honest and open communication and we will make your personal information available to you upon request at any time. Any personal information that we collect is for our business purposes only.
Ultimately, if you are unhappy with our privacy statement or our service as a whole, you can discontinue using our service at any time and subject to legal requirements, request that any personal information be removed completely from WATM.
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement from time to time. We will inform you that the statement has been updated, as we will change the effective date of the statement, and make a note on our website's homepage that the statement has been changed.
II. Privacy Notice
Personal Information Collection, Use, Disclosure & Consent
What’s at the Market respects its customers’/team members’ privacy and accordingly What’s at the Market Ltd. ("WATM") collects, uses and discloses personal information with its customers’/team members’ consent and as required by law.
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual but does not include the name, title, business address or business telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
In order to efficiently offer and provide quality products and services to WATM’s customers/team members, WATM must collect, use and disclose personal information in relation to its customers/team members. In this regard:
- WATM will only collect, use and disclose the personal information necessary for its day-to-day administration, reward programs and to enable WATM to:
- understand the needs of customers, their preferences and to establish and maintain a commercial relationship with customers of WATM and to provide customers with ongoing service
- determine the demand for products which WATM makes available for sale to customers
- provide you with information about products and services offered by WATM, and
- enable WATM to more efficiently and effectively operate, manage and develop its business
- WATM will only collect, use or disclose personal information with a customer’s/team member’s consent, except where required or allowed by law
- WATM will disclose and transfer personal information to its agents for processing and to assist WATM in its day-to-day business activities and administration
- WATM will safeguard and maintain the security and confidentiality of the personal information provided by its customers/team members
- WATM’s customers/team members may at any time request their own personal information, subject to any restrictions at law, and may request correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal information
- WATM will collect, use and disclose a customer’s/team member’s personal information in a manner which complies with legal requirements
What’s at the Market Ltd (WATM) respects the privacy of its customers and team members. In this regard, WATM adopts practices consistent with the Canadian Standards Association's Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information which code contains ten (10) fair information principles generally described as follows:
- Accountability – An organization is responsible for personal information under its control designating a representative(s) responsible for its compliance with such principles.
- Consent – The consent of an individual is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information unless otherwise permitted by law.
- Identifying Purposes – The purpose for which personal information is collected shall be identified on or before the time the personal information is collected.
- Limiting Collection of Personal Information – The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the identified purposes.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information – Personal information shall only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless otherwise allowed by law. Such personal information shall also only be retained as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of such identified purposes.
- Accuracy – Personal information collected shall be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the identified purposes.
- Safeguards and Safekeeping – Personal information shall be secured at a level appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
- Openness – An organization shall make available information about its practices pertaining to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access - An individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information and shall be given access to such personal information. Such individual shall be entitled to query the accuracy and completeness of the personal information as well as have such personal information amended.
- Challenging Compliance – An individual shall be entitled to challenge concerns they may have with respect to an organization's compliance with the fair information principles contained herein. It is the goal of WATM to honour the fair information principles contained herein through the implementation of practices and procedures relating to personal information, as may be amended from time to time, to fulfill the needs of WATM.